Adventures of the Biff

This is a blog about what's going on with the Biff.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Eventful Friday







Well, I'm not exactly sure what's going on but... It's Friday and the city square is busy with activity.

I just happened to be in the right place I guess. Bagpipes started playing and making thier way thru the crowd to the city center. They were great. Then I hear another band coming from the other direction. I think it's the Esbjerg Police Band. For a moment I think that the Scotts and the Danes are going to go at it. They meet in the center and took a break; drink some beer of course, and then play some songs together. It was lovely. They all leave and I hear another band in the strip, it's a small 5 piece German band. Later I hear another band it sounds like a Ragtime band. That's not all, a crowd has gathered around a group of Irish/Country Line Dancers going at Whisky in a Jar. It's all so International. Just needed some Hip Hop.

It's been a very eventful day. I lectured to about 25 students from noon-3pm and walked home. Got a little lost, but figured how lost can I get. As Captain Ron says, “if you get lost just pull in and ask for directions” I didn’t have to do that I had an good idea where I was going. I was tired when I finally got to my hotel room. I'm trying to say up late so that I can sleep thru the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth!

Hope jet lag is settling down for you... we are somehow temporarily managing without you, but it can't last, so don't get lost over there.

VP1 is good with **18**(!!) students. Hope John is doing better, and see ya' soon!

Seth

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

How cool that you were in the right place at the right time to hear all the bands. Glad you are having a good experience.

We all miss you here.

Collette

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home