Adventures of the Biff

This is a blog about what's going on with the Biff.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I have arrived in Denmark

Well I made it. WOW, what a trip. I would advise not to travel alone. Or to pack lighter then I did.

I had my first class this morning, and it seemed to go great.

I did try to burn down the hotel this morning. I put my curling iron plug-in adaptor on but forgot to put the transformer on it, details, details. It literally explode the iron and the exposed wires melted the carpet. Thank god the hotel is under renovation and they will be replacing the carpet I'm hoping they don't notice.

I go to an official dinner tonight. I hope I don’t make fool of myself.

I am working with a PC, you should all be very proud of me. I haven't melted down.

This has been an incredible opportunity.

I'll write more tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

Glad to know you made it there safely. We miss you already! Hope your teaching experience on the other side of the planet goes well. Keep us posted and make us proud!

Post some photos of your adventures so we can share in the experience.

Cheers,
Greg

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a good time. I hope you took pictures of the exploded curling iron. I can't believe you are on a PC! You Rock!

Always,
Collette

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth - while anxiously awaiting your next posting and some pictures, I found this webpage about Esbjerg: http://esbjerg-kommune.net.dynamicweb.dk/Default.aspx?ID=155
You can translate it into English and there are a bunch of pictures of the area - in case any of your friends want to see where you are!
Take care, Kate

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home